BSIO PhD and MD Scholarships/Positions for International Students in Germany, 2019
Applications for PhD and MD positions are currently being accepted at The Berlin School of Integrative Oncology in Germany. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The BSIO offers structured 3-Year doctoral program jointly educating natural scientists and physicians/medical students in the field of integrative oncology and features excellent research conditions, a comprehensive curriculum and a broad supervision and mentoring network.
Furthermore, students will have the opportunity to conduct part of their project in one of the labs of the renowed international partner institutions of the BSIO (depending on the individual project).
If you cannot provide the results of an English proficiency test by the time of the deadline (June 19, 2019), you need to prove that you have registered for a test (such as TOEFL, IELTS or similar). In this case, you have to provide your test results until July 27, 2019.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Applications Deadline: June 19, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD and MD programs.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for different research projects available.
- Scholarship Award: The PhD positions appr. equal 65% of the salary level of a full researcher position (E13 level).
The MD scholarships differ between medical students and medical graduates and will be paid according to the scholarship regulations of the DFG (German research foundation). All positions and scholarships also include an annual allowance for supplies as well as funds for conference attendance and other project-related activities.
There is no tuition feefor the BSIO program.
Students enrolled will have to pay a semester fee od appr. 310 € every 6 months, this is not a tuition fee, but it covers public transportation in Berlin for 6 months and a fee for the student union offering housing opportunities and dining halls for students.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Thai students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Eligibility criteria – PhD (Dr. rer. nat.) track:
Eligibility criteria – MD (Dr. med.) track:
- Sc. in basic sciences or equivalent or
- Sc. in basic sciences (fast track) or
- in rare cases: enrolment in medical school/graduation from medical school (excellent grades and research experience required)
- Please Note: you can apply for the program even if you have not obtained your M.Sc. degree yet, you are still eligible for the program if you will be awarded the M.Sc. degree until November 2019 (please provide an overview of your grades obtained in your M.Sc. program so far in this case)
Eligibility criteria – transdisciplinary PhD track:
- Enrolment in medical school or
- Graduation from medical school
M.Sc. or equivalent in social sciences or humanities (potentially in addition to a M.Sc. (or equivalent) in basic science
Additional requirements for all applicants:
- A proof of English proficiency, e.g., the TOEFL, IELTS or BULATS test, is mandatory for all applicants except
» if English is the applicant’s native language or
» if more than two years of the applicant’s education (during B.Sc./M.Sc. or equivalent) has been entirely in English (you will need to provide a proof for this)
- The minimum score for admission is 90 (TOEFL) or 6,5 (IELTS) –> PLEASE NOTE:you can apply for the BSIO even if you will receive your test results after June 19, but you should have registered for a test of English proficiency before the deadline and need to provide us with the test results before July 27, 2019
- Reference letters by two referees chosen by the applicant (Please Note: as soon as an applicant has filled in the referees’ email addresses in the respective fields of the application tool, referees will automatically receive a link to our online platform with a request to fill in a reference form, so you should have contacted your referees before you fill in their email addresses).
How to Apply:
Application is possible via the BSIO online application portal only.
The following steps are necessary to complete your application:
For more details: https://www.bsio-cancerschool.de/about-the-bsio/phd-and-md-positions.html
- Register with your email address at https://apply.drs.fu-berlin.de/bsio/, after that you will receive an email
- Confirm the link in that email (the email will also contain your username and password)
- Log in with your username and password at https://apply.drs.fu-berlin.de/bsio/
- Fill in your application details (including the contact data of two referees who have agreed to a reference letter for you-we will contact them after you have filled in their email addresses)
» you don’t need to complete your application at once, but you can log off and continue your application later on
- Submit your application (opening time of the application tool will be announced soon)